Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do your kids have cell phones or mp3 players?

Re: Do your kids have cell phones or mp3 players?

Well my daughter is 4 so she has no cell or mp3 player. I don't even have an ipod. (Those things are too confusing, I gave it to my bro).

When I was 16, I was allowed to have a cell phone. I think truly, kids should get cellphones on there 16 bday when they start driving. Really thats only when you need cellphones. For emergencys. Unless your really rich, or have a really good cell phone plan.

My oldest has had her cell phone since she was 12. Think what you may and I'm sure some think that is to young but it works for us and that is really all that matters. She has been involved with the community theater for the past three years and it was as much for me as for her! We would always get schedule for cast practices but you know thoses artsy types! 9:00 pm doesn't always mean 9:00 pm. So with her having the phone - I have spent ALOT less time sitting in the parking lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To each his own! What works for you may not work for me! I'm pretty old school about some things but I'll give everything a try to make sure it works. If it doesn't we just back up and do it a different way! So far the phone is in good hands and you would think that the ipods were manna from heaven the way they treat them!

Quote Originally Posted by fearsgirl View Post
    My oldest has had her cell phone since she was 12. Think what you may and I'm sure some think that is to young but it works for us and that is really all that matters. She has been involved with the community theater for the past three years and it was as much for me as for her! We would always get schedule for cast practices but you know thoses artsy types! 9:00 pm doesn't always mean 9:00 pm. So with her having the phone - I have spent ALOT less time sitting in the parking lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To each his own! What works for you may not work for me! I'm pretty old school about some things but I'll give everything a try to make sure it works. If it doesn't we just back up and do it a different way! So far the phone is in good hands and you would think that the ipods were manna from heaven the way they treat them!
    Yea you do make a good point. Its been a long time. But in middle school I was in a lot of plays, and the practices were often really late. I could have used a cellphone then. But always used the pay phones. BTw they didn't have cellphones when I was that age, so I guess thats not a problem. They had beepers. lol anyone remeber those.

my kids didnt get their cellphones til they could pay for them themselves!Cheap WM pay as you go virgin mobile type. the youngest was 15 girls were 16 and driving they need one then for emergencies like flats and break downs etc

Yea you do make a good point. Its been a long time. But in middle school I was in a lot of plays, and the practices were often really late. I could have used a cellphone then. But always used the pay phones. BTw they didn't have cellphones when I was that age, so I guess thats not a problem. They had beepers. lol anyone remeber those.
    Beepers, I remember those annoying little things :laughing: I didn't get my first cell phone until around 22 or so when they became more affordable (I think), before that I had the pagers. I seen a guy with a pager on his belt the other day and a cell phone on the other side, I was thinking "They still make those?! And why would he have both when you could just text or page on a cell phone now?". Maybe privacy or some other reason but, I found it odd and a waste of money to have both.

Sweepstakes Plus Member ping1970's Avatar

I know that most doctors still have beepers ~ at least around here!

Quote Originally Posted by ping1970 View Post
    I know that most doctors still have beepers ~ at least around here!
    I wasn't even thinking about Doctors :scratch:

Sweepstakes Plus Member

I gave my 5 year old my older Sony MP3 player. She's had it for a few months.. I gave it to her when she was 4. She's done really well taking care of it. The only thing that has happened is my 3 year old son tore apart the ear buds because he wanted to listen too. I bought her a pair of regular earphones and she likes them better than the earbuds. She wants an ipod and I told her if she could take care of the Sony one for a year, then I'd get her one.

I think 11 is a good age for your son to have a cellphone as long as you think he is responsible. In a few years, I'm sure I'll buy my kids cell phones but I figure it won't be until they're 10 or 11.

Hello to all members i am new to the community

Hello to every body i am new to this online community, just wanted to say hello to all.

I am new to all this online world, so i will need some time to get used to how things are in this community, please give me some time to work out how things work.

I would like to wish you all the best.
    Timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information