This will be kind of a long note, but hopefully chock full of useful information. We get reports from members every day telling us about problems with sweeps. We appreciate that you let us know and we fix what we can. It might be helpful for you to know the kinds of things we can and can't fix.
We can only fix our own site material. Some examples: we can correct an expiration date or edit a prize description. We can move a sweep from the "Daily" to "24 Hour" category if necessary. If we are linking to the Rules page instead of the Entry page, we can correct the link. Expired listings can be removed.
We cannot fix anything that is on the sponsor's page. We can contact them, and we can add a note to our listing to let you know that there is a problem at the sponsor's site. However, SA cannot: add a "Submit" button, rework the captcha code, add/remove a state from the drop down box, make a page advance, generate a confirmation page, create or accept a code, or make a page stop spinning. Once you click our entry link, you are on the sponsor's website. If a sponsor's website is not working correctly, only the sponsor can fix it.
Sometimes people report broken links, often more than once, and get frustrated when the sweep still doesn't work. Here are some other things to keep in mind that may help.
* If you report a sweep as broken, and we are able to enter without a problem, you may get aggravated when nothing changes. Sorry, but there's not a lot we can do if we can't reproduce the error.
* Is your browser up to date? If you are still using IE6, there are websites that won't load for you. Upgrade to the latest version of IE and the problems should disappear.
* WebTV, Opera and Safari are incompatible with our website. Try switching your browser to view our site.
* Do you have your Security settings on High? This may be blocking more than you intend.
* Some sites have entry pages with pop-up entry forms. If you have a pop-up blocker running, you may need to unblock specific sites to allow the entry forms to run.
* Your computer may be holding on to cached (old versions) of the page you want to load. If you dump the temp files and cookies, the next time you try to load the page, your computer will have to load the newest version rather than the outdated one in your files.
Hope that helps!