MARLBORO BLACK BOOK "GET THE GIG" CONTEST
PARTICIPATION LIMITED TO SMOKERS 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF
THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
PURCHASE OR ACCEPTANCE OF A PRODUCT OFFER
DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Marlboro Black is looking to discover new talent and wants to see your best photography work. The Marlboro Black Book "Get the Gig" Contest is a two-phase contest. The first phase is a photo-based contest from which up to (8) Finalists will be determined from the entries received. During the second phase, the Finalists will be given a creative assignment which must be completed by the specified date. Finalist assignments will then be judged to determine up to (4) Grand Prize winners. Each of the Grand Prize winners will be awarded a cash prize.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Marlboro Black Book "Get the Gig" Contest ("Contest") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and are smokers 21 years of age or older. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Philip Morris USA Inc. ("Presenter"), its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) of each are not eligible. Noncompliance with any of the above eligibility requirements will result in disqualification.
2. TO PARTICIPATE: To participate in the Contest, you must be a registered user at either www.marlboroblack.com or www.marlboro.com. If you are not a registered user, go to www.marlboroblack.com (the "Website") and follow the instructions to register. By registering you agree to be added to the Marlboro mailing list.
3. PHASE 1
ENTRY SUBMISSION: In Phase 1 of the Contest, you will need to show us why you should "Get the Gig." Phase 1 of the Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM ET (start of day) on 10/1/12 and continues through 11:59:59 PM ET on 11/26/12 (the "Entry Period"). During the Entry Period, log on to www.marlboroblack.com and follow the instructions to upload your entry. Limit one entry per person. All entries must be digitally submitted through the Website and must comply with all applicable entry requirements (see below).
Entry must consist of your photographic portfolio showcasing your creative ability. Your portfolio must contain five (5) photos. If more than five (5) photos are included in your portfolio, only the first five (5) photos will be judged.
Your portfolio must be in a high-resolution PDF file format only with a maximum file size of 20 MB.
Your portfolio must only consist of photos. Photos may be in color or black and white.
Entrants may also submit an optional bio and photo headshot. Bio and headshot will not be judged.
If a bio is submitted, bio must be typed in the space provided on the Website (250 character limit). Bio must be in English; common foreign words/phrases are acceptable.
If a headshot is submitted, headshot must be in JPEG format only with a maximum file size of 1 MB. Photo headshot may be in color or black and white.
Photos submitted must be original work of the entrant.
Entry must not in any way disparage Presenter or persons or organizations associated with the Presenter, in Presenter's sole discretion; must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group; and must not in any other way violate applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
Entry must not promote illegal drug use, use of firearms/weapons or any activities that appear to be unsafe or dangerous.
Entry must not contain offensive words or statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group), and should not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity.
Entries must not contain content that is inappropriate, hateful, tortuous, defamatory or slanderous, as determined by Presenter in its sole discretion.
Entries must not contain content that is health- and/or youth-oriented.
Presenter/Judges reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entry that, in their sole opinion, does not comply with the above Entry Requirements and these Official Rules in general, including any entry that refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Presenter or the Contest.
Once an entry is submitted, the entry is final and may not be deleted or modified, except by Presenter.
Portfolio content submitted in Phase 1 of the Contest will not be posted on Presenter's Website.
All material submitted becomes the sole property of Presenter and will not be acknowledged or returned.
JUDGING TO SELECT UP TO EIGHT FINALISTS: All eligible entries received during the Entry Period will be judged based on the following criteria to determine up to (8) Finalists:
originality and creativity of photos submitted 50%;
artistic breadth as evidenced in photos submitted 25%;
cohesiveness of photos in portfolio 25%.
The (8) entries with the highest scores will be declared the potential Finalists. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be rejudged based on originality and creativity of photos submitted to determine the Finalist(s). All Phase 1 judging will be conducted by D.L. Blair, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the judging of this Contest.
FINALIST VERIFICATION: Potential Finalists will be required to (i) sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release certifying that he/she has followed the Official Rules of this Contest and (ii) submit sufficient proof of age in the form of a legible photocopy of a valid government-issued photo ID (e.g., a driver's license) bearing a complete name, address, date of birth and signature ("Documents"). All completed Documents must be returned within 5 days (including Saturday, Sunday and holidays) of attempted notification. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate Finalist, time permitting. Any false statement by a Finalist will result in automatic disqualification. Finalists will be notified by overnight mail on or about 12/14/12. Any Finalist notification returned to Presenter as undeliverable may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate Finalist, time permitting. If an insufficient number of eligible entries are received or if Presenter is unable to verify eight (8) Finalists, Phase 2 will proceed with the number of Finalists who have been verified. Finalists will be announced and their bios, if submitted, may be featured on the Website, at the sole discretion of the Presenter.
4. PHASE 2
THE ASSIGNMENT: Finalists will be provided with an assignment (the "Assignment") and assignment brief. Assignment brief will include detailed instructions for completing and submitting the Assignment. Assignment submission must consist of a minimum of 20 photos taken by the Finalist. Finalists must comply with all instructions provided in the assignment brief. Assignment submission will have a maximum file size of 5 GB. Assignment submission must be received by 1/14/2013. Camera equipment provided in each Finalist's prize package may be used to complete Assignment. See Rule 5 for Finalist prize details. Assignment submission and all content associated with said submission must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, at the sole determination of the Presenter.
By submitting the completed Assignment, Finalists represent and warrant that (i) the content submitted is their own original work, (ii) the Finalist owns all rights in the Assignment submission, and (iii) no part of the Assignment submission violates, infringes or otherwise conflicts in any way with any copyright, trademark or any other right of any third party. By participating, each Finalist unconditionally and irrevocably assigns and transfers to Presenter any and all rights which he/she has or may in the future have in and to the Assignment submission including, without limitation, the copyright thereto. By participating, Finalists agree that Presenter may publish his/her name, bio and Assignment submission on Presenter's Website or in such medium or format as Presenter may direct without compensation. Presenter will have unrestricted perpetual right to use, not use, alter, edit, publish, license, display, post and/or transfer each Assignment submission or any part thereof however it sees fit without further approval by or payment to Finalist. Presenter may feature selected Assignment on the Website, on packaging, cartons, print ads or other mediums from time to time at Presenter's discretion.
JUDGING OF THE ASSIGNMENT: All Assignments that are successfully completed and received by 1/14/13 will be judged by a panel of judges under the supervision of D.L. Blair, Inc., based on the following criteria to determine up to (4) Grand Prize winners:
originality and creativity 25%;
how well the submission meets the Assignment objectives 25%;
appropriateness to the Marlboro Black brand 25%;
overall marketing/advertising appeal of submission 25%.
The four (4) Assignments with the highest scores will be declared the potential Grand Prize winners. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be rejudged based on originality and creativity to determine the winner(s).
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARV"):
Finalist Prizes (8) Each Finalist will receive a photojournalist equipment package consisting of the following:
(1) Canon® EOS 5D Mark III EF 24-105mm IS Kit,
(1) Canon® 600 RT Speedlite,
(1) Canon® 70-300 Telephoto lens,
(1) Canon® Carry Bag,
(1) Canon® Pixma® Wireless Photo Printer,
(1) Canon® PowerShot® G12,
(1) Canon® Battery Grip, Canon® Cartridges,
(150) Canon® Photo Paper Sheets,
(1) Sony® Pocket Bit USM-P Series USB flash drive (8 GB), and
(1) 64GB SD Card X3.
Each Finalist will also receive a check in the amount of $4,500.00.
Total Approximate Retail Value of each Finalist Prize is $15,996.00. Presenter reserves the right to provide a cash alternative or to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion.
Grand Prizes (4) Each Grand Prize winner will receive a check in the amount of $20,000.00.
No transfer or substitution of prize by winner permitted. Presenter will not be responsible for any portion of a prize which may not be available due to any event beyond Presenter's control. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Finalists/Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Finalists/Winners will be required to provide state and federal tax reporting information as a condition of prize award, and an IRS form 1099 will be issued reporting the total value of the prize won as stated in these Official Rules. Approximate retail value of merchandise prizes is as of the time the rules were printed. Finalists/Winners are not entitled to any difference between the ARV and the actual value of the prize at the time the prize is awarded. Finalist Prizes will be awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, outside of manufacturer's limited warranty, if any, and consist of only the item specifically listed. Warranties regarding prizes (if any) are subject to the manufacturer's terms, and Finalists agree to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty.
6. GENERAL RULES: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All submitted information, registrations and entries are subject to verification. Prize will not be awarded if entry is associated with any login ID deemed void for any reason, including without limitation, if entry is not verified or recognized as being valid. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of any prize. Philip Morris USA Inc., its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns will have no liability for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or the acceptance or use of any prize. By accepting prize, finalists/winners agree to release and hold Philip Morris USA Inc., its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims, liability, loss, injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, which may arise by acceptance or redemption of any prize awarded herein. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use finalists'/winners' names and/or likenesses for commercial purposes without further notice and compensation, unless prohibited by law. Presenter, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, advertising and promotion agencies will have no responsibility for promotional materials that may be illegible, mutilated, altered, forged, duplicated or tampered with in any way, or for printing, typographical, mechanical or other errors or for any error in the notification or announcement of the prize. In no event will Presenter be obligated to award more prizes than the number of available prizes stated in these Official Rules. Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final.
Entrants submitting materials for consideration in this Contest will do so without compensation and at their own risk. By entering, you irrevocably grant to Presenter the right to unconditionally and perpetually reproduce, copy, store, transmit, publish, display, adapt and/or otherwise use or reuse your name, entry submission and biographical material as well as any other materials arising out of your participation in the Contest, including without further limitation your personal information, in any manner or media whatsoever (whether known or hereafter devised), worldwide, without notice or compensation, for advertising and promotional purposes, without limitation. Submission of any entry further constitutes your agreement to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Presenter any and all rights, title and interest in your submission materials including, without limitation, all copyrights. Subject to applicable law, you waive any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights and other rights that may preclude Presenter from using or disclosing your submission and related materials or information. You release Presenter from any claims arising out of any use or disclosure of your submission consistent with these Official Rules.
NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PRESENTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Presenter will not be responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or mutilated mail, misdirected email, or for any technical problems, faulty, lost, garbled, incomplete, incorrect or mistranscribed data/phone transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer/mobile device related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with this Contest. Presenter is not responsible for malfunctions or breakdown of any network systems, unavailable service connections, lost, incomplete or faulty network connectivity of any kind, failures of any service providers, or any combination thereof, which may limit a person's ability to participate in this Contest. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Presenter. Presenter assumes no responsibility for undeliverable email messages resulting from filtration of a user's Internet service or wireless phone carrier network. Presenter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Contest if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason including, but not limited to, if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest, or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest as determined by Presenter and/or the independent judging organization, in their sole discretion. If the Contest is so cancelled, eligible entries received prior to such action will be judged based on the judging criteria in Rule 3 to award prizes. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all such submissions. Presenter and/or independent judging organization reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the participant fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
7. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Presenter in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Venue for all suits will be in federal or state courts located in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
8. WINNERS LIST: Grand Prize winners will be announced on www.marlboroblack.com on or after 2/4/13.
Presented by Philip Morris USA Inc., 6601 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230.
© 2012 Philip Morris USA
Sweepers by nature are *always* looking for a free lunch, but if you value your time over your $$$, then upgrading to PLUS at less than a dime a day gives you the best bang for your $$$!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)