Thread: spoiled children

spoiled children

I know I have myself to blame for mine being spoiled rotten but my 10 yr old is the worse. :cussing: I got the surfs up poster the other day and cleared a spot on my 5yr olds side of the room. My ten yr old starts complaing. are ya kidding me!!!. Fine, you want the poster? Give me that 100.00 car ya just got. no! I dont want to do that. Then you arent getting the poster. I mean come on! Its never enough. In the last two months he has gotten cars worth 250.00. And he is complaining. my daughter doesnt. She has books, and Japanese stuff in her room and thats it. Does she complain?nooooo! My little one doesnt. In fact, Last week at the book store as we were checking out he said, I dont need this book mom Im gunna put it back. how sweet is that. I dont understand why he complains. He has a tv, a dvd player and direct tv in his room. he has a game boy advanced, ps2, and more games than I want to count. And If I had to quess I would say, 800-1000 worth of cars. I have to put most in the closet cause there is no room. Thats it!! Im done. He isnt getting anything else until his birthday. Sorry about the rant. but I do feel better. Just gotta get it out sometimes ya know. I should show yall a pic of his room and you would see he has no reason to complain about anything.

ll1

Re: spoiled children

being the boy he probably feels that he deserves those things, because he see's them as guy things?

My daughter is like that. Shes only 4. Like we went to a engagement party. They gave her a little minature princess toy. Kailey said really loud. "I don't like that kind of toy." And gave it to my mom. I was like OH WOW. I was embarrassed.

pdm

My daughter is 17 and is extremely spoiled because her grandparents spoiled her all her life. They had 2 boys and she is the only girl in the family on my husbands side.

My husband and I have a 20th year anniversary trip planned for 4 days this month and for weeks she has spouted off about how we are going away and she has to stay home and do nothing. We told her to bad get over it and stop trying to make us feel guilty because we have a trip planned that doesn't involve her.

She is hoping by whining and complaining that we will give in and say fine just go with us to shut her up but we are standing our ground and refuse to pass up our plans just to make her happy.

Quote Originally Posted by pdm View Post
    My daughter is 17 and is extremely spoiled because her grandparents spoiled her all her life. They had 2 boys and she is the only girl in the family on my husbands side.

My husband and I have a 20th year anniversary trip planned for 4 days this month and for weeks she has spouted off about how we are going away and she has to stay home and do nothing. We told her to bad get over it and stop trying to make us feel guilty because we have a trip planned that doesn't involve her.

She is hoping by whining and complaining that we will give in and say fine just go with us to shut her up but we are standing our ground and refuse to pass up our plans just to make her happy.
    congrats on the anniversary. I hope ya have a great time. You would think that at 17 she would be happy you were going away :laughing: I hope she realizes that happy parents make happy children. yall should be alone. I hope you continue to stand your ground. good luck :laughing:

pdm

Trust me we are not giving in to her this time! We have never went away for an anniversary and we figured since it's been 20 years we were going to finally do something for ourself and take a trip.

When we married we didn't go anywhere for a honeymoon. So after 20 years we figured we earned this trip. We aren't going far just a couple of hours from where we live but it's to a place that neither of us have ever been and it's a town that has lots of Antebellum homes, horse and carriage rides you can take and lots of great dining.

Sweepstakes Plus Member sweepsadv's Avatar

Have a good time!

Thread Information