Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: weird winning email notifications to look for

Sweepstakes Plus Member etheldaylily's Avatar

Re: weird winning email notifications to look for

Watch our for the PayPal scam where they claim that you need to access your account because someone tried to access it other than you. They want you to reply to verify your email!

Also, I received a $3,500. cashiers check that was genuine in every way but I called the bank first and after they explained the scam to me I threw the check away.
    etheldaylily

Sweepstakes Plus Member etheldaylily's Avatar

I tried entering the current Visit Florida sweep to win a trip to Orlando and my computer started to go bezerk. I received all these pop ups stating that a virus was trying to enter my computer and my virus scanner stopped it.
    etheldaylily

Got a winning e-mail? Not sure, what do you think?

I have yet to win anything other than an instant, so I'm not sure what to think.
    In the subject line it says winner and it's from Missy Ashton.

This is to correct the message earlier on sent to you. The correct e-mail address you should contact for your claim processing is national agents@yahoo.com.my

You should forward your response to this corrected e-mail address.

Once again, we are sorry for the miss up.

Yours Truly,

Missy Ashton

The wierd thing is I don't recall an earlier e-mail. I have no idea as to what contest/sweepstakes, what information they may be asking for etc.. I did reply just explaing that I'd been contacted by e-mail from her in response to a possible winner's notification however, I didn't recall an earlier e-mail and that if they could contact me with any information regaurding this subject it would be greatly appreciated. What do you think about this? Thank you.

ll1

unfortunately that has scam written on it simply for the word claim processing

I try to maintain a list of all sweeps I enter online. A good rule of thumb is that if you didn't enter it you can't win it. So any winning email is checked against my list. If it's from something I didn't enter I know it's a scam. Of course there is always the small chance someone entered for me but usually a friend or family member would let me know. It's amazing how many times my email has won the Spanish Super lotto, the Nigerian sweepstakes, and the European jackpot. If I only had the same luck with my state lotto or Publishers Clearing House.(LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4camping View Post
    It's a good thing that I check my trash every time I check my email - otherwise I would have missed several winners notification emails!
    Since I started sweeping I probably get 500 spam emails per day. There's no way I am going to look through them all. The reason I know it's since I started sweeping is because I gave myself an email address just for doing sweeps so I wouldn't have it mixed up with my normal e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by ledon View Post
    I try to maintain a list of all sweeps I enter online.
    That definitely wouldn't work for me since I enter about 500 a day :scratch:

use the force, luke. if it smells funny, don't eat it. what i'm trying to say is only enter contests u know are legit. i have had trojans & everything else since i started entering. i try to enter sweeps that have a product on the market, like ford or frenches mustard ect.ect. don't let the ask holes get the upper hand. you get enough B.S without adding it yourself. please excuse my language. :headbang:

Even though I get spam emails from lottery saying I won which I know I didn't at all I still check the emails just in case I actually did win from a site I know.

If you get a fake check in the snail mail, give it to your local postmaster. Those checks are crimes that are felonies, and they actively pursue leads on this type of activity.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information