Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: weird winning email notifications to look for

weird winning email notifications to look for

I have gotten a couple of weird ones lately I think it would be nice to have a place to put them so others dont delete by mistake. so, If you have gotten a winning email post the subject so others know what to look for.

Angelica CDJ Congrats!!! -this one is from classic du jour. almost deleted today.

cartoonnetwork@ sji-inc.com [SPAM] - Cartoon Network and Naruto - Found word(s) click on the link in the Tex... - They were giving away 10,000 of these headbands so their should be lots of winners. good luck everyone

: weird winning email notifications to look for

Thanks, Good to know!

Re: weird winning email notifications to look for

good idea.

Is anyone as tired of these scam emails as me :cussing:?

I have to read almost everyone to verify that it isn't a real!!! notication.

I had to double check the one from Static Guard (mainy because of e address)

Sweepstakes Plus Member johnnyz's Avatar

I've gotten at least one or two winning emails where the subject was completely empty. Gotta wonder what some folks are thinking sometimes.

It's a good thing that I check my trash every time I check my email - otherwise I would have missed several winners notification emails!

just found this one in my daughters spam folder-

Shira Miller Discovery Kids & Hilton SS

Its from this sweep-

Discoverykids.Com - Travel Should Spark Discovery Sweepstakes
    (1) Grand Prize to be awarded: 7 day/6 night hotel accommodations for winner and three (3) guests at a Hilton brand property (two standard rooms of double occupancy each) in any one of the following locations as selected by winner: Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu, Hawaii; Hilton Waikoloa in Waikoloa, Hawaii; Hilton Sandestin in Destin, Florida; Hilton Tapatio Cliffs in Phoenix, Arizona; Hilton Squaw Peak in Phoenix, Arizona; Hilton Fort Lauderdale in Fort Lauderdale, Florida (the “Location”). Gratuities and incidental expenses not included.One Hundred (100) Secondary Prizes to be awarded: Discovery Kids Science Kit (ERV: $19.95 each). Total ERV of all prizes: $16,995.00.
    Restrictions : 6-14 US | Hits : 4435 | Added : 05-22-07 | Expired : 09-03-2007

Thanks for the "heads up" on this -- I've always eliminated my e-mail WITHOUT ever checking it! :cry:

I, of course meant my SPAM e-mail only!

So how do we really know that the email notification is real and not just some bogus sites who are phishing?

But anyway, thanks for those email notifications that you have just posted. I will check my trash and bulk if I have some of those notifications and I might be a winner.

Sweepstakes Plus Member etheldaylily's Avatar

If anyone sells anything on a public site and the buyer claims that they want to pay by cashiers check, pay you a little extra money for postage and have a messenger pick up the item, IT IS A SCAM!
    Report it as junk or spam.

Etheldaylily :cussing:
    etheldaylily

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information