Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone been able to extend a winning trip?

Sweepstakes Plus Member

Re: Has anyone been able to extend a winning trip?

:headbang: Well done, Loren! So exciting that so many Sa members are able to win such great vacations. Just finished up this week fianalizing our trip at the end of October to Puerto Vallarta. Some of our friends are booking the same trip so that we can all have a great time together. I won 4 nights but extended to 7 nights.
    Vote DAILY for Sweepstakes Advantage as a top Sweeps site:
    http://www.soprano.com/freeconts.asp

Quote Originally Posted by pmeek View Post
    :headbang: Well done, Loren! So exciting that so many Sa members are able to win such great vacations. Just finished up this week fianalizing our trip at the end of October to Puerto Vallarta. Some of our friends are booking the same trip so that we can all have a great time together. I won 4 nights but extended to 7 nights.
    Pmeek..... is that a good time to go to Mexico? I was just wondering because I was hoping to book a Mexico trip in late Oct. early NOv.

Thanks... oh and btw, what sweep did you win? was it a daily or 1 time entry? what did this cost YOU, if anything?

Wow! Thanks so much Loren, pmeek, kate and and any others. It is nice to finally get such complete answer to a question that has been puzzling me about the trips. I am so happy to read that most of them can be extended and no, Loren, you didn't steal the thread. Just gave me all the info I was wanting. In fact I am going to print this all off and save it for just the right time. I am still hoping for a nice trip!!!! Have been to quite a few places in this world but always had to pay myself, but now that retired for so many years, it is harder to afford the trips. I will keep on entering and hoping. Congratulations to you folks that have won these nice trips and please let us know how much fun you all had!! Your trips all sound wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by hostaaddict View Post
    Wow! ... Congratulations to you folks that have won these nice trips and please let us know how much fun you all had!! Your trips all sound wonderful!
    I will be starting a 'blow by blow' thread of my trip starting next Thursday in the "Trip Win" Section! I haven't seen anybody do that yet, so I thought it might be a little fun! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I will post at least twice/three times a day...if I can! Internet access on the boat will cost me $5.00/min so ... since I am a slow typist, it will probably be short and sweet. But you will all be the first to know! It is toooo bad I can't host any pictures here, so you will probably will have to wait for those until I get back and post them on my site ....

.....THEN watch out! If ya want pics, you will surely get them! Oofdah!!!

Got an underwater camera so I can take pics of all the pretty fishies ... or of the Great White Shark munching down on Judy! (Told her not to buy that black one-piece swimsuit: makes her look like a nice plump seal!

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Ooooops. Did I say that????

I AM SOOOOOO B. A. D. !!!!

Loves, :cheers:

Loren :laughing: :crazytongue:

Loren..... WHat sweep was this that you won the Aust. Trip? Was it a SA sweep? How many entries was it? One time or daily? Thank yaazzz... Just curious and congrats on your win... That is sooo awesome

To answer the OP, yes. I was able to extend a trip win to California's wine country by four days. It was originally intended as a wine country visit, but I asked the sponsor for more time to see San Francisco, and they complied. The extra hotel days were on my dime, and I had to turn in the car rental, but the outgoing flight from SFO was extended by the sponsor.

That's great you were able to do that and spend more time in SF. And Loren, I will be eagerly awaiting your posts. Sounds like fun! We can travel along with you!

I won a 6 night trip to the Atlantis Hotel in the Bahamas and the people booking the trip for me and 4 guests allowed me to extend for 4 extra nights (at my expense) and allowed the guests to depart from other airports. They were very nice in accommodating some requested changes.

That was great that they were so accommodating, and specially about letting them fly out of other airports. That was wonderful and I am glad you had such a nice trip.

Quote Originally Posted by hostaaddict View Post
    I see so many trip sweeps that I would enter, but for me to travel for a 10 hr flight and then have 2 nights at the destination is tough. I see where there is one to Hawaii for 2 nights. You would just get there and spend the first night and have one full day and night and time to come home. Has anyone ever tried to extend by paying for several more days lodging? Just wondered if it is possible to take one of these little jaunts and make it into 5 or 6 days at least. Not sure if certain sweeps administrators would allow this.
    Hi My name is Michele and I just recently posted a winning that I had a couple of years ago in the winners circle. I won a trip to LA to audition for the Wheel Of Fortune if you'd like to read it. They did allow me to extend my trip. I had to pay for my additional hotel of course but, they booked the airfare on the dates that I gave them and at no additional charge. Hope this helps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information