Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2014 Sweepstakes Convention

Sweepstakes Plus Member

I'd be a newbie if I went but the schedule has no explainations

Quote Originally Posted by bonniesawinner View Post
    I looked at the schedule, but I don't understand what most of the events are. Can anyone explain in layman's terms what to expect from the different sessions?
    Thank you.
    ... so I c your point and can't find any Q&A that explains what the sessions actually are! Maybe more info will come out shortly???

Hello The exact order of speakers is not usually published until the event but I can give you some ideas.
    Each session (am and pm) will have 2-3 parts 45-60 min each with breaks and prizes given out in between. Speakers will range from instruction on the latest entering techniques to resources for finding sweeps to promotion company reps to US postal service persons to entertaining reports of fantastic wins to just plain fun! It's a full schedule. Free prizes range from gift cards to major electronics to cash to donated gift baskets from sweeps clubs etc; dozens are given out at EACH session with values totaling perhaps a few thousand dollars per session. In addition there will be contests of theme day costumes and other competitions. The convention also has optional raffles which are awarded at the banquet. Hundreds of people will win cash, major gift cards, stamps, and yes a CAR! Everyone is very excited and upbeat. The convention committee are all seasoned sweepers who carefully plan only the best and most fun activities each year appealing to all kinds of sweepers from techies to snail mailers to those who love the hobby for the social side of making friends coast to coast. This is a stunning resort and a super location as it is our 25th year. Hope that helps!!! You need to come on down to SPF25Orlando!

NEW FAQS: both fun and helpful from our ORLADO convention page:
    FAQ's

-I paid for my registration now what is next?
    Congratulations! You are now headed for the biggest Sweepstakes party event of the year! You will be added to the master convention email list and receive several emails the first of which is an invite to the Shopper Service.

-What is Shopper Service and why do I want to participate?
    First please realize that your registration gives you FREE entry to hundreds of wonderful prizes that will be given out during the convention. Additionally the convention holds optional raffles for many, many additional prizes drawn and awarded at the banquet. These paid entry raffles are collectively called the ‘Shopper Service’. Years ago attendees would bring cash, stamps, etc. to a convention and enter for same while waiting in long lines. For Spf25Orlando by using PayPal and credit cards attendees may ‘shop’ for these raffle entries from home, no lines in Orlando and budget their entries from month to month. There is a limit on the number of entries as explained in the Shopper Service email along with other details. You may also fully participate in these raffles when you get to Orlando by bringing cash, stamps etc. You may also do a mixture of both
    Shopper Service ahead of time and enter at the convention if you choose. The convention keeps track so that no one enters more than the stated limits. Oh yes did we mention that one raffle is a CAR?! Someone will win a car at the convention! And dozens and dozens of lucky attendees will win CASH, Forever stamps, stamped post cards, post card stamps, major gift cards, Florida scratch off tickets and yes that car! How fun would that be?

-If I buy shopper Service will I get a receipt of my purchase?
    PayPal will give you a receipt for your purchase and the convention will rely on these as the official receipt.

-I am flying into Orlando do we have a discount shuttle service to get to the hotel?
    Yes the Mears shuttle offers a $4 discount coupon at the hotel web page: Airport Shuttle - Mears Discount Coupon

-Is there a Shuttle service to the theme parks from the hotel?
    The resort has a shuttle that will go to Universal, Sea World (very close), Aquatica and Wet n’ Wild. Upon check in you must tell the front desk your plans and they will call/contact you with the schedule they have available.

-Do we have a Facebook page?
    https://www.facebook.com/spf25orlando

-Where is the closest Grocery/ Liquor Store?
    Just across the street from the resort, in walking distance for many, is a Publix grocery! There is an on-property liquor store at the resort.

-Do I need to Rent a car to get around Orlando? Is there a rental agency on the property?
    Enterprise rental is conveniently located at the resort. If you want to travel around Orlando it might be best to rent a car from Enterprise or make arrangements from a company at the Orlando airport.
    Additionally taxis are available at the resort until approximately 9pm

-When is the First Official Convention Function?
    Thursday at 5:30 is the kick-off party event! You should try to arrive at the resort in time to pick up your registration package prior to that. (12-5 Thursday afternoon; or 1-5 Wed afternoon

-Will there be an Official Convention T-shirt to celebrate the first 25 years of the convention?
    YES! More information will be available soon!

LOOK for NEW Convention Contest on our FACEBOOK Page!!!

Beginning this Friday our first convention contest will be announced on the official convention Facebook page. All of you looking for themes, competitions and more fun... this is it!!!!
    By the way have you liked our page? It's open for everyone! Here's the link:
    https://www.facebook.com/spf25orlando

I have been to (2) sweepstake conventions. Both were soooooooo fun. You can win lots of stuff. i like to enter the $$$ raffles. Both conventions I won $$$... Came home with well over $500 each time. Yea babyyyyyyyy

Sweepstakes Plus Member sweepsadv's Avatar

SA will be there! Come see us in the Vendor Room for a chance to win more stuff!
    champagne likes this.

Awwwwwwwwww yea SA... that's great!! Wish I could be there this year... Too many things going on in my life....

Quote Originally Posted by sweepsadv View Post
    SA will be there! Come see us in the Vendor Room for a chance to win more stuff!

ONLY 50 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER!!!!!!
    Registrations for SPF25Orlando the National Sweepstakes Convention, Aug 27-31, will close in just 50 days. This is the Convention's 25th (Silver) Anniversary and we want to be sure everyone has a chance to register and join the Sun, Prizes and Fun in Orlando. The convention planners already know that this year's convention will be larger than many in recent years. The link to register is off the convention webpage: Home Page

There is also an FAQ section to help you. To register you have to download the form and mail your check OR fill it out online and then GO BACK and use PayPal or pay with credit card. No one is registered until payment is received. Be sure to clearly write/type your name, address, and email so the convention can be in contact with you. What are you waiting for? Don't miss the best sweeping event of the year! Hope to see you in Orlando!

Sweepstakes Plus Member sweepsadv's Avatar

If you are going to the convention and would like to wear some SA, we have shirts and tote bags for sale. We partnered with LogoSoftWear.com
    to create and sell the shirts. We don't take any commission on this. 15% savings is automatically passed onto members.

Here is the link: Sweepstakes Advantage Custom Shirts & Apparel

Thank you!

If you are registered you probably gave us your dinner selection already. if you NEED to change your selection, please read:
    Convention Dinner.....
    Today we received the FINAL menu back from the Hotel - Here is what will be served at the banquet - The chef has the right to make any substitutions as necessary:

Link to the Menu: Page 23

The reason for posting this is if you need to change a meal due to Food Allergy or you are Gluten Intolerant now is the time to send us an email to AOL - News, Sports, Weather, Entertainment, Local & Lifestyle - This Email is ONLY FOR CHANGING YOUR MEAL SELECTION.

3 Course Meal

Shingle Creek Classic Salad
    Mixed La La Rosa Greens, Marinated Hearts of Palm, English Cucumbers, Matchstick Carrots, Yellow Squash and Zucchini, Yellow Pea Tendrils - Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette

Choice of Entrée - ONLY ONE MEAL SELECTION

Focaccia Crusted Chicken
    Pappardelle Pasta with Fire Roasted Vegetables, Fresh Asparagus, Grape Tomatoes, Roasted Peppers, Basil Butter, Fontina Cheese and Balsamic Glaze

OR

Roast Sirloin of Beef Mushroom Relish, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Baby Carrots and Creamed Spinach en Brioche

OR

Vegetarian Choice
    Portobello Mushrooms, Zucchini, Summer Squash, Baby Spinach, Roasted Red Peppers & Broccoli - Baked in Puff Pasty with Fontina & Mozzarella Cheese Sweet Potato Mashed & Tourne Vegetables

Dessert - Florida Key Lime Pie

Freshly Brewed Starbucks® Regular and Decaffeinated Coffees, Gourmet Tea

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information