Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2014 Sweepstakes Convention

Sweepstakes Plus Member sweepsadv's Avatar

2014 Sweepstakes Convention

This year's sweepstakes convention will be in Orlando FL. SA will be at this convention. Here is some information
    on this event. You can register and find out more here:

Home Page

Would be great to meet some members!

Can u win prizes at the convention also? If so, in the past what kind of prizes have been won?

Yes, there are always prizes to be won. Here is the schedule. We are starting a conversation about this now so people can plan to attend in August of this year.

Schedule

I would love to hear from past attendees...anyone? Never having been to one of these sweeping conventions I'd like to hear exactly what I can expect. What kind of vendors will be there? How large is the usual crowd of attendees?

Hi, I have heard many stories and it's pretty much filled with Giveaways and Raffles. Then you can check out the many vendors as well. ( we'll be there ) I would imagine they have some guest speakers too. There are usually hundreds in attendance. Here is the schedule. Schedule

It will be really hot in FL in August

It will be.. but luckily the hotel has several Pools and the convention is inside all the time with AC. Winning Cash and Prizes will keep it cool!

I looked at the schedule, but I don't understand what most of the events are. Can anyone explain in layman's terms what to expect from the different sessions?
    Thank you.

Hello Sweepers! My name is Valerie and I am part of the convention committee for the 25th Annual National Sweepstakes convention to be held in Florida 27 Aug -31 2014 also known as SPF25 Orlando. I have been to 12 conventions and enjoyed each one. I’ll be on this board willing to answer any questions you may have, so feel free to ask.
    For those of you who have never been and are wondering if you might sign up for Orlando here’s some info. First off national conventions are run strictly by volunteers from this wonderful hobby of ours and they are planned two years ahead in different areas of our country, sometimes on different dates, and usually with the help of the local sweeps club. As Sweepers we enter sweeps at home or are members of small groups. Most of our friends and family members don’t even understand why we do what we do. But at a convention you’ll see hundreds of people who ‘speak your language’ and love the hobby! The energy and excitement of a ballroom filled with winners is fantastic! Lots of newbies join us every year and we love to meet them. The best part of a convention is connecting with your hobby through informative speakers, new and old friends from across the country, getting charges up to win more, and yes prizes!
    The convention follows a schedule: for this year: early arrival and registration (Wed 27th), registration and meet and greet on Thurs (the 28th), sessions with speakers and a lot of FREE drawings on Fri (the 29th), more session speakers and FREE drawings and a banquet on Sat (the 30th), and sessions (2 sessions, am and pm this year) with speakers and free drawings on Sun (the 31st). Monday is Labor Day so plenty of time to get home or enjoy more of Florida!
    Here is the convention website for you to look over including the registration form. The registration fee of $215 covers entry into all sessions, free convention drawings, and your banquet meal. Payment is made on-line with PayPal or credit card or by mailing a check with a downloaded form. NO ONE is considered registered without payment. The convention hotel this year is the Rosen Shingle Creek a stunningly beautiful resort with 13 on site restaurants, pools and a golf course. Free parking and free WiFi for resort guests included; double rooms are only $99 a night, a bargain. Be sure to include a clear email address on your registration. Home Page
    Here’s an easy action plan:
    1. Register, see website.
    2. Reserve your room, see website.
    3. Plan your transportation; look for airline deals midweek or save up gas $$!
    4. Once registered you will receive an email with more details and opportunities to win.
    5. There you have it; so come on down and join the fun at SPF25ORLANDO!!

-I want to add this is our 25th year of having National Sweepstakes Conventions, so this is not a new thing but an annual EVENT of winners!
    -We will be adding a FAQ section to the website to help first timers.
    -FREE prizes include CASH, Laptop computers, digital cameras, e-readers, gift cards from major stores, stamps, gift baskets filled with supplies for mail in sweepstakes and so much more. Each session mentioned above will have interesting/entertaining and/ or educational speakers and each session will give out DOZENS of prizes.
    -Raffles are optional with more info emailed to registered attendees.
    Hope to see you in Orlando! Home Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information