Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer is crazy and it hates me... Help!!!

Computer is crazy and it hates me... Help!!!

This is a new computer, we bought it last april. Its a compaq. Well I am having lots of problems with it. I also have Windows Vista.

Heres the problems...
    1. The screen turns black for a few seconds when Im in the middle of doing stuff. Its really annoying, and then a pop up says, "Display driver stopped, but has recovered."
    2. I get kicked off the internet alot, and then have to wait about 10 mins to get back on, because it says the internet has no connectivity. Doesn't make any sense. (I have comcast)
    3. Here is a list of problems I found. Problems windows.
    Service hang report
    Video Hardware error
    Just a huge list of different things. ANyone have any idea how to fix?

Re: Computer is crazy and it hates me... Help!!!

Hubby & I are both techies & HATE Vista. My laptop came w/ Vista on it & we put XP Pro on it. No probs since then. One of the probs w/ Vista is that there are a lot of program & hardware that Vista isn't compatible with. I know that really doesn't help unless you have a license for XP that you can use.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by tlpounds View Post
    Hubby & I are both techies & HATE Vista. My laptop came w/ Vista on it & we put XP Pro on it. No probs since then. One of the probs w/ Vista is that there are a lot of program & hardware that Vista isn't compatible with. I know that really doesn't help unless you have a license for XP that you can use.

Good luck!
    I think that is one of the problems. Because I also have Norton. Which the computer guy at the store told me to get. Well on my computer thing, it says Norton is not compatible with Vista. Ughhhh these new tech stuff just makes everything worse.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffandrock View Post

Good luck!
    I think that is one of the problems. Because I also have Norton. Which the computer guy at the store told me to get. Well on my computer thing, it says Norton is not compatible with Vista. Ughhhh these new tech stuff just makes everything worse.
    Nope - Norton isn't compatible, and it's what I always use! I was so discouraged when I got my new laptop & started using Vista. I have too many programs installed to deal with issues of stuff not being usable!

Run from Vista! Run FAST!! :cussing:

Is there a way I can download your XP??

Will the other programs ever be compatiable? Ughh.

my daughter got a brand new laptop for xmas a compaq, my compaq is only 6 months pld both with vista and having same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by camper223 View Post
    my daughter got a brand new laptop for xmas a compaq, my compaq is only 6 months pld both with vista and having same problem.
    Wow that is crazy, so its not just me. Is there a way to complain about this, and get our money back or something?

I got XP on this laptop for that very reason.

You have to buy a license for XP & the bad thing is - is that you'd have to pretty much wipe your computer clean in order for you to install a new operating system (changing from Vista to XP). Vista is a new operating system, and eventually programs will change to where they will be compatible, but not backward compatible (in other words - the old programs will not be able to be made to work with the new OS) because of the architecture of the program. You can back up the data you have if you choose to go to XP and you shouldn't lose any of your data. It would still work.

This is just my opinion... and if you had a new computer & all new programs that might all work w/ Vista - I'm sure it's great. But, if you have a bunch of programs that you use all the time & don't want to have to spend the money on a bunch of new programs, you might want to consider buying a license for Windows XP.

You have to buy a license for XP & the bad thing is - is that you'd have to pretty much wipe your computer clean in order for you to install a new operating system (changing from Vista to XP). Vista is a new operating system, and eventually programs will change to where they will be compatible, but not backward compatible (in other words - the old programs will not be able to be made to work with the new OS) because of the architecture of the program. You can back up the data you have if you choose to go to XP and you shouldn't lose any of your data. It would still work.

This is just my opinion... and if you had a new computer & all new programs that might all work w/ Vista - I'm sure it's great. But, if you have a bunch of programs that you use all the time & don't want to have to spend the money on a bunch of new programs, you might want to consider buying a license for Windows XP.
    I dont really use much, except aol, and internet explorer. Lately its always kicking me off. Is there anyway to fix that without having to buy a new windows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information